Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Fever Seizure

First scary ER trip for this family.  My poor Max had a seizure a couple weeks ago because his fever sky rocketed so fast.  It was the worst day ever to have a sickly baby as I was in charge of keeping my friend out of her house so her kids could decorate for her surprise party that evening.                  

That afternoon I put Max down for a nap and he was totally healthy... when he woke up he had a fever of 104.2. I had to pick up Brit in 45 minutes so I gave him some meds and took him with me to dinner with Brit and Kim. (Ty was working the entire day on a big project).  At dinner he started acting normal and having a little fun...sitting on the floor reading a book and running around our table. The meds kicked in and all was gooooooood.

We took Brit to her party and he just sat on my lap on the couch.  He started doing some weird twitches and would shake a little when I was holding him but he'd just stop and then be ok for awhile again.  Then Ty got there around 9 pm and grabbed him up to say hello and see how he was doing!  Next thing I knew Ty had a super funny look on his face (I hadn't even had time to tell Ty about the weird stuff he was doing) so i ran over and grabbed him becuase i thought he was going to throw up and his lips were turning blue.  We ran to the bathroom and he stood there with his eyes rolling back in his head and then he just passed out. It had been 4 hours since his meds and his fever was back up to 104.2.  We raced to the hospital and we couldn't get him to wake up for 30 minutes! He was so out of it.

The good news is that my sweet baby is just fine and i'm soooo grateful it all happened right when Ty walked in the door! I definately needed him at that moment...it was pretty scary. I think we both held it together quite well though :). With an exception to Ty's psycho driving... I was afraid for our lives.

I got so many snuggles for 3 days and even had a sleepover with him the night of the seizure.
I was ready to see him happy and healthy again! 







awwwwww these kids of mine are such a blessing!!!


No comments: