Thursday, October 11, 2018

2nd annual summer fishing trip

A weekend away with just my parents was so fabulous. We fished our lives away and had the best time.  I still laugh out loud when I think back on it. 

I finally got to fish the river I have wanted to fish for years and even though we were front fished and ended up on the river for 16 hours I would still do it again.  We also had the biggest hole in our boat and had to keep pulling over to drain it until the sun was up enough to dry it out and try to fix it.  Our red neck fix consisted of pieces of clothing, gum and tape.  It worked!! The company was great and the river was beautiful. The fly fishing wasn't the best but we still managed to catch a few on flies and worms.  We saw deer, buffalo, otters, eagles and a cow and calf moose standing right in the river!

The next day we fished the Beaverhead twice and that was probably my favorite! The fish were up everywhere and we caught lots and lots.  Mom's chair broke on her 3 times and with her bad knee she couldn't move to get up until dad could pull over and help her haha. 

Another bonus, I got to see my grandparents and uncle!




crack in our boat









cow and calf



The beaverhead...








The last hour it was pitch black...

  

No comments: